Sunday, June 18, 2006

Live flogging

3:12pm - This freeroll is boring as shit. Only 4 people playing at my table. One guy clearly sucks, and he just busted. I wish I had some beer.

3:34pm - Was 2 handed for a bit. Back to 3. We are taking turns stealing the blinds of those sitting out.

4:01pm - 1st break. Up to T6100. I just got moved to a table with a player that has 23K in chips. Seems he was by himself the whole first hour. This isn't fair to those who were at a full table the first hour, but what can you do?

4:20pm - nothing work talking about, we are 4 handed.

4:45pm - actually playing with a full table. Only around 7K in chips. About 500 runners left. This is going to take a while from here on out. (update: up to 10K in chips, I just checkraised someone with KJ on a J high flop. Took him a while to fold.)

5:10pm - 11K in chips. Just gonna try and hang around and find the right spots during the 3rd hour. I have been playing ultra tight, so hopefully people have been paying attention and I can get to stealing when more blinds get to $300/600 and beyond. 350 are left. Pretty nice overlay in the Stars sunday million. I tried to sat my way in, but didn't get the job done. I was doing well when I lost 2 huge pots with JJ on a 9 high flop, AK to KQ. The first one the money was put in after the flop, but to be fair the person had already committed 70% of their stack with AK. The last one some donk limped with KQ off and called my all in for over half of his stack. He turned a Q. Ugg. God I miss tournament poker!

5:29pm - Just made a bad play with AJ in the BB. Went over top of TripJax, he calls with AK. Board makes 2 pair. We split. Few hands later call reraise with QQ, run into AA. Turn a Q, river and A.

5:34pm - Busted with JJ. UTG short stack went all in. I popped it up another 4K. Comes around and the button pushes. I call off my last few hundred and button wins with QQ. Oh well. Back to playing some real poker at the cash games. I suck the big one at tourneys.

2 comments:

TripJax said...

If I'm thinking correctly, I think that was the hand that knocked the wind out of me. If I double up there I feel like I've got a little breathing room, but as it were I was right back in needing chips mode. I think it was just a couple of hands later I went out.

Hate you didn't make it further...tough hands to go out on...

Lady poker...sheeze a beeetch. But das poka. Good gamin' sir...catch ya later.

mrbossman said...

Yeah, I made a terrible play there, you probably would have done better with those chips than I did. Re-raising with AJ from a middle position raise. Ugg. Live and learn. See ya.