Sunday, October 01, 2006

Division Champs

For the 4th time in 5 years the Minnesota Twins capture the AL central crown. They won their last game of the year while the Tigers imploded by getting swept at home by the KC Royals. Yes, those Royals who lost 100 games this year. All this means that the Twins will have homefield advantage the first round against the A's. It all starts Tuesday at noon; kind of a crappy time for trying to watch the game, but it beats playing the Yankees in the first round. Hopefully they will meet up in the ALCS; I don't think the Yanks will have much trouble disposing of the Tigers.

I played poker last night like I was a criminal out for his last night before being sent off to jail. Two or three tables going, bluff raising in limit hold'em, intoxicated. Did ok though. I left enough money in my poker accounts to play comfortably while this whole gambling bill thing plays out. What I removed is going into savings. I have no idea what Frist got up his ass that he had to try attaching this law to every fucking bill that was voted on. He eventually succeeded. He had such a hard on for this online gaming bill that train and bus security was left off of the port security bill. We have a bunch of brain dead morons in office; and I wish I could say the Democrats took a stand against this shit. Of course, there is no way in hell they could, they were trapped politically. 'Democrats block passage of port security bill.' Not a headline they could afford to see. Hopefully we will all wakeup very soon and vote these fuckers out.

No comments: