Monday, December 19, 2005

Manic Monday

Had some time to think about the tourney yesterday. I was card dead for a good bit during the second hour when I was hoping to accumulate more chips. For the 150+ hands I was dealt, I only saw a flop in about 10% of those. That's seems a little low. Like I mentioned, part of that was being card dead, and some of it was probably due to being too timid. For the most part I made good decisions, so I am happy about that. The hand I went bust on, I am still not sure about. I raised with AQ in third pos, and the BB popped it up 1K. I pushed at that point figuring I am in real trouble if he had AK, KK, QQ, or AA, but would be flipping a coin against other pocket pairs and would have a reasonable chance to double up. Normally, I wouldn't reraise with AQ, but I thought I might have some fold equity. And if I would have folded to his raise I would've been left with about 3K and with the blinds at 300/600, would've needed to make a move soon anyhow. Oh well. I look forward to giving that tourney another shot sometime.

Random link; possilby the best thing I've seen on SNL for quite some time.

No comments: