Saturday, December 03, 2005

This is where I make a post out of linking to other shit 'cause I got nothing original to say


My hometown has decided to sell soccer fields so Menards can build a store full doorknobs, screws, nails, and lumber. Nice job! All grassy areas should be replaced with giant hardware stores. This coming after only months after the city bulldozed Ralph's Corner bar, the city's oldest bar and favorite hangout of mine. Now, I don't think getting rid of a few soccer fields is as bad as levelling a bar that had been around prior to prohibition, but it's this same spirit of "urban renewal" that makes me want to break into the mayor's office and drop a big one (sans the flush) in his personal toilet.


In better news, I suppose, the Twins picked up gold-glove second baseman Luis Castillo from Florida. This should help patch up a giant hole in the middle infield (NO MORE RIVAS, TYVM) and give them someone who can hit for average and has a good OPS. Now, if they can sign a big bat, I think they will be contenders.

No comments: