Saturday, November 11, 2006

1 year

This blog sucks and it is 1 year old. I started pounding stuff out on this here webspace while I was staying in a hotel on 13th ave and M street in DC. The following month I was staying on the Vegas strip and blogging from the 8th floor of the Imperial Palace. Now I am sitting on my ass at home in Milwaukee trying to remember why I started this. I don't have any delusions that anyone reads this, and I don't really care. I think I started blogging because pokerstars has an annual tourney for bloggers and they give away some nice swag. I was also a big fan of a few poker blogs and I suppose some of this is based on that. Right now, I "maintain" this blog mostly out of posterity.

Why not talk some more poliltics. The democrats now control the legislative branch of our government and I think that is a good thing. Not only because I normally vote democrat, but because I don't think any party should have control for too long. The republicans have been controlling the agenda for too long and I think we saw how that went. Hopefully the Democrats can push a populist agenda and get some stuff done in congress. As much as I think Bush should be held accountable for the crap he pulled his first 6 years, I think it would be a mistake to go after him with impeachment hearings. Even if he deserved it, am I'm not really sure one way or the other if he does, it would look bad and get in the way of getting real work done. I would like to see minimum wage increases, get the budget under control, and somehow fix things in Iraq (no idea how). I think a repeal of the gaming legislation would be a good thing. Some of that bill's big proponents went down in flames last Tuesday, and that made me smile from ear to fucking ear.

No comments: