Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Adventures in cooking


It looks like I've fallen off the bloggin' wagon-or maybe it's falling on the wagon. I don't know. Work has been so goddamn stressful I almost went postal yesterday. One of the things that keeps me grounded is my love of trying to cook food, which often becomes a horrible adventure.

Exhibit A.
I decided to make some sort of chocolate cookies despite not having really any ingredients to make a proper batch. These doozies had several packets of swiss miss cocoa, maybe an egg or 2, baking soda, and what looks like powdered sugar on top of them. I am fairly certain this "recipe" was concocted after severe sleep deprivation and a few too many glasses of wine.

What was sorely lacking in this endeavor was any ingredient that would make this mess a cookie, namely flour or sugar. The result (pictured below) was some sort of awful smelling (think out-of-control tire fire) glob of shit that nearly spilled out of the cookie sheet I placed the "dough" on.
This looks like a 2 week old pan of brownies with bird droppings on it, only it tasted worse. I sampled a bit of it and then promptly tossed it in the trash.

Fortunately I redeemed myself with these sweet treats, which were derived from pre-made store brand dough that came in cubes and cooked quite nicely. And they tasted good to boot!

No comments: