Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Tao of Poker's 5 yr tourney

Last night I was able to play in the tourney commemorating 5 years of Tao of Poker. It was a 5 dollar buy-in, with a serious overlay. A free seat into a 5k event at the Borgata Poker Open. Sometimes the best things in life are free! My first table was pretty tight. I wasn't able to get much going and ended the first hour with only a few more chips than I began with. The second hour I started getting a few decent hands, but didn't get played with too much. I was around 3k in chips when I was bounced around tables a few times and ended up at the same table at Dr Pauly. Not too long after I was seated I was dealt A8 sooooted in the small blind. Pauly was 2 to my right and had pushed his last 1k or so into the pot. I decided to reraise to about 2.4k , in hopes of squeezing the big blind out of the pot and going heads up. The big blind paused for a bit, but eventually decided to call with KQoff. Flop came K 3 6, turn Q, river K and it was over. It was a pretty fun two hours. It's too bad more tourneys don't have a 5k overlay. Anyways, thanks to Dr. Pauly for setting this up and congrats to the dude who took it down. Hopefully, he puts the seat to good use.

No comments: