Wednesday, January 25, 2006

10 to 500 in 2 days

I started playing poker online about 2 years ago on PokerRoom.com. Play money for awhile and then threw in 50 bucks. That didn't last very long as I decided that I was good enough and had the bankroll to play 2/4 limit hold'em. I have the bankroll now to play 2/4 hold'em, but still ain't good enough (i'm dead serious). I ended up dropping a few hundred and didn’t play there for about 1 year. This fall I threw in a few hundred to take advantage of a bonus. I withdrew what I earned after a month or so. A couple of days ago I got an email saying that they want my business back and have put a free $10 bucks in my account. I played a few SNGs over the last few days and got the account up to $30. I decided to “let it ride” and played a 5+rebuy today. I start the tourney very quietly. No good cards to be seen. I re-bought about 30 mins in to get my stack up to T2700. With about 15 mins left until the break I am still getting crap and decide to gamble with pocket 2s. I lose that race and am down around T800. I go into the tourney lobby to rebuy and notice that it is a 1rebuy +1add on tourney. So, I am sitting there damn near in last place waiting until the break so I can add on. I made it to the break, added on, and looked to double up. A little later I get 77 in the BB. A minimum raise is made and one caller. I decided to push. Both of them called another 1.5K in chips. Board read 10 high and I won the hand. I got lucky once not too long later when my AQ flopped a Q against AK. Don’t remember too many hands after that. I was able to get my stack up very quickly and was 1st or 2nd in chips when it was bubble time and had about 5x the chips of anyone at my table. I raised about 30% of the hands for 3-4 orbits and I didn’t get played with once. It really is amazing how passive people become just to be able to win back their buy-ins. I make it to the final table 5th in chips. Survive some races and get down to 3 handed with 100K in chips with the other two having ~300K. Fortunately one of them was a total donk and he doubled me up and then called my all in with K6 (I held AK). Made a pretty shitty play HU. I had A2 suited, and called a raise. Flop came 2 7 10 rainbow. Called his bet w/ the hope that he would slow down and fold to my turn bet. Turn was 10s, giving me 2 pair and flush draw. I lead out/raised all in. He had K10 and it held. I think I should have raised his flop bet to see if he actually had something. By waiting to the turn I didn’t have necessary information and I was already committed to the pot.

No comments: