Saturday, January 14, 2006

I wish I could quit you

Yep, saw brokeback mountain last night. It was pretty good, not anything all that special. It was pretty subdued and I could only understand about 35% of the words that came out of Heath Ledger's mouth. He sounded like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade. "Yep, I reckon Jack and I are fishin' buddies. mmm hmm."

Placed 4th in 20+2 stud tourney a few days ago on stars. I was in real good shape on the bubble with about 11K and the chip leader having about 15K. My table was 4 handed and we had 3 of the top 4 stacks. I've been in this situation a handful of times and it has been a great time to steal, especially if you have a good sized stack. I made a couple of steal attempts early that failed. I tightened up a bit until I caught (K4)K. I raised it up and was popped by the bring in who had an 8 showing. I called and popped it on 5th when I made kings up and was reraised with 8Q3. 6th was seemingly rags for both of us and I called his turn and river bets. He hit another Q on 7th and made Qs full. That sucked. I had to put special gloves on to prevent myself from cursing in the chat box. Anyhow, if I win that hand I am top dog and in good shape to take that thing down. Anyhow, it took a LONG time for the bubblel to burst and the big stack at our table was running over people. I was able to stay aggressive though and get my stack around 6K at before the final table. I went out with (7K)7 to the bring ins concealed 10s. Neither of us improved and I was done.

Went to the Bradley Center on tues to catch the T-wolves play the Bucks. The wolves looked like hell and lost. They have been playing like absolute hell lately. Hopefully the wins over Chicago and Denver get them back on track.

No comments: