Wednesday, March 26, 2008

aim it cout.



Probably the best fucking thing I've seen in a long time. I mean a long time. In the summer of 2002 or 2003 I was able to catch Radiohead play at Alpine Valley. I made the short drive down to east troy. We parked our car and walked by some dudes listening to the Replacements in the back of an old Ford.

We made our way in and listened as Stephen Malkmus opened. Radiohead came on as dark had descended. I first got into Radiohead via a friend in high school who turned me to Pablo Honey. The Bends. Then OK Computer came out and the band became legends. That night was crisp; we made our way to the beer stand. I almost fell on the way back later. The show began. What followed was as close to a religious experience I have had since I no longer believed in god. Karma Police. Fake Plastic Trees. Idioteque. Paranoid Android. We got in with the guys ripping bingers. No Surprise. How to Disappear Completely.

I urinated in plain view of passing cars as we were trying to get out of parking. Even got some catcalls from doped up hussy's going back to Beaver Dam in their parents Pontiac's. We passed by the dudes listening to the Replacements again.

No comments: