Monday, April 21, 2008

If this is it


Pokerstars new SNG promotion looks pretty cool (commence shilling) despite the fact that they called it 'battle of the planets'. If I had been paying attention to it last week I might have had a reasonable shot of placing on the leaderboard for the 15 dollar level. In the 5 SNGs I played in the last week I finished 1st once and 2nd in the other four. This helped bump up my rather meager bankroll. If I wasn't so g'damn busy working (14 hour days rule!), I'd be all over the SNG shit. I still would like to get back playing more, but now is not the time.

Watching some game 7 action tonight with the Habs vs Bruins while eating a big burrito (and playing a SNG). Habs are up 3-0 now. All other things being equal, I tend to cheer for the Canadian teams (except for Ottawa). Pittsburgh absolutely killed them, and if their goaltending can hold up, they could a long way with Malkin and Crosby up front. I am picking the Pens and the Sharks in the final, although the Sharks will be out if they can't win game 7 at home tomorrow.

I could give 2 shits about the NBA playoffs. With the crooked ref scandal, that whore David Stern, and the T-wolves sucking, I don't have any interest.

I don't think the Twins will amount to much this year, but they could be very good in a few years if guys like Gomez and Young develop well, some of their top-notch pitching prospects pan out, and if Mauer, Morneau, and Cuddyer can maintain their productivity/health. Lots of if, but I am pretty excited about the future of the Twins. Johan who?

No comments: