Friday, November 18, 2005

Steve Albini is a decent 7 card stud player.


















I was playing a little 7 card stud on pokerroom.com and noticed someone with the name Steve Albini sit down. A couple of people asked if he was the Steve Albini and he said he was. He was pretty decent from what I could tell. Tight aggressive. At one point I lost a hand where I made a flush on 5th and lost to a runner runner boat. I commented that I got "shellac-ed" on that hand. The engineer, producer, musician extraordinaire left not long after.

Although it seems weird that someone would use his name as their poker handle, I was a little skeptical that this was actually Steve Albini playing $1/2 stud. Google some shit and found out that poker is apparently a hobby for Mr. Albini. Well, hot shit!

No comments: