Saturday, April 08, 2006

Das ist kaput

HD on my laptop decided to take a crap yesterday. It started with a slight clicking noise coming from the left hand side. Turned the machine off and no go after that. Ran some diagnostic/recovery program and now it sounds like there is a little man in there trying to pound his way out. Like an idiot I had not backed up much of anything on there. So, I lost my last several months of poker records, some pictures, and vids of 'High Stakes Poker.' I've been googling different ways to recover data off a crapped out HD and came across the practice of sticking the malfunctioning drive in the freezer and then reconnecting it. I tried it once, but to no avail. I'm gonna freeze that fucker good tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe I'll toss it in the dryer and iron it out afterwards. Who knows, it might work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!