Saturday, April 22, 2006

nice to see you old friend

Party poker gave me $50 free dollars and now I'm trying to clear 500 raked hands to keep it. I've played 4 SNG's and have finished ITM in all of them. I've played a few multi's also, no luck in them. I think it's been over a year since I have visited my old friend party poker. The first time I played no limit cash games were on party. Oh the .10/.25 tables. Some real rounders there. My first time I had money in party I ran 50 bucks up to about 500 or so in a few weeks. Then over the course of few days I gave most of it back. I was convinced the site was rigged, so I had them send me a check for $78 dollars or something like that. I had no notion of bankroll management or long-term goals. I think I approached poker like I would when I used to play blackjack occasionally. If I won, I had a little extra spending money and if I lost, then oh well.

good things about party poker:
1) You can actually get a limit omaha hi game going. This is pretty rare, even for larger rooms.
I'm sitting here playing right now getting my nut hands paid off by pimply faced college sophomores.

2) The SNG structure has improved, but the games are still soft. Can I squeeze it, Mr. Whipple?

bad things:
1) The turn and river cards come flying in super fast. Next thing you know, the pot's sitting there in front of you, or not.

2) It's not easy to review the action in a hand, especially in split games. You have to scroll back through that little box.

3) The congrats and fireworks for winning a hand. Think if they did this at your B&M. You scoop a pot up and the dealer tosses a string of lit ladyfingers in front of you. I just reminded myself of that scene in Boogie Night when Dirk Diggler, Reed Rothschild, and Todd Parker try to sell of some phony coke and there is a Chinese kid there who keeps lighting off firecrackers. Genius.

addendum:
Thanks to Iggy for tossing up a link to this little blog a few weeks back. I actually I had more than 10 hits that day. Take that fuckers.

No comments: